Design Thinking should be the most important part in developing your business. It allows you to organize information, develop the best business practices, and obtain knowledge in order to improve situations.
It is a combination of critical and creative thinking which allows you to not only be more efficient, but also sets you apart from other businesses as well.
Design Thinking is made up of 5 key concepts:
1. Empathize: Identify the audience you are targeting.
2. Define: Define the problem you are trying to solve or the goal you are trying to achieve.
3. Ideate: Create and develop many solutions to your problem or goal.
4. Prototype: Design the example or examples of what your solution would be.
5. Test: Test out the example to eliminate the ones that weren’t successful and to improve your prototype to be the best solution.
For extra practice, begin writing out your business plan using the 5 key concepts associated with Design Thinking and bring in your business plan to discuss in next week’s class.
Keep in mind that trial and error plays a major role in deciding the best approach when it comes to successfully solving a problem or achieving a goal. Come up with many ideas and think of the positives and negatives connected to the concepts.