For this week’s extra-practice create a marketing plan using a graphic organizer or create a social media page (WITH YOUR PARENT’S PERMISSION) to share with the class.
Marketing your new business is very important because it helps spread the word about what your product is all about and can increase your number of customers. How you market your product will affect your sales, so you want to make sure that you are communicating the right message to the right audience. You can do this by creating a marketing plan and including the steps below.
1. The first step in marketing is to identify your target consumer. Are they adults, kids, teens, men or women? Where do they live? What do they like or dislike? (you want to describe your target customer with as much detail as possible)
2. The second step is figuring out where you will sell your product. Will you sale through Amazon, craft shows, or a personal website?
3. The third step is coming up with how you will get the word out. Will you use social media, email friends and family, put up signs or advertise in the newspaper?
4. Last create a timeline of how you plan to achieve your goal.
Social Media: With the help of your parents, creating social media pages could be a great way to spread the word about your business.
• Facebook allows you to create a Business Fan Page. Here you can upload pictures of your product, share videos, and even hold live video sessions that allow you to show your customers what your product is about.
• Pinterest allows you to showcase your product and include your own brand’s personality in a way that is unique to you.
• Twitter lets your share your product updates across the world. Here you can also re-tweet great things that your customers have to say and you can also answer questions that someone may have about your product.
• YouTube is a great place for you to upload videos about your product, and also share “how-to” videos.
• Instagram is a great tool to use because it allows you to share your photos with millions of people through hashtags. Instagram also has communities related to almost every industry.
• SnapChat is another way that you can provide your customers with live access to your events or process of building your business.